Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Mojo is a cuban sauce made from the juice of sour oranges (or, in this case, a mix of orange juie and lime juice). It's atruly versatile- the sauce works as a marinade or salsa for beef, fish, pork, and poultry--so no wonder it tastes great with hot dogs, too. from Bon appetit.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tomatoes, halved, seeded, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- coarse kosher salt
- 6 hot dog buns, grilled
- 1 1⁄2 cups romaine lettuce, finely shredded
- 6 beef hot dogs, grilled
- 2 avocados, halved, pitted, diced
- 2⁄3 cup pineapple, finely chopped
- Heat oil in heavy skillet over medium heat. Add garlic; stir 30 seconds. Add next 4 ingredients; bring to simmer. Remove from heat. Season mojo sauce to taste with coarse salt and pepper.
- Arrange buns on plates. Top each with lettuce, grilled hot dog, avocado, mojo sauce, and pineapple. Serve with remaining mojo.