Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1 loaf long French bread
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 2 cups cubed monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained,coarsley chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- tomatoes, slices
- parsley sprig
- 1 (6 ounce) canpitted rip olives
- Cut french loaf in half lengthwise.
- Tear out the soft inner portion of the bread, leaving the crust.
- Place the 2 halves of the loaf (crusts) onto a foil lined baking sheet.
- Melt butter in a large skillet, stir in garlic and sesame seeds.
- Add bread chunks and fry until bread is golden and the butter is absorbed.
- Remove from heat.
- Combine parmesan& jack cheeses, sour cream, parsley flakes and lemon pepper seasoning.
- Combine bread mixture and artichoke hearts and add to cheese mixture.
- Spoon mixture into bread crust shells.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Garnish with olives, tomato slices and parsley sprigs.
WOW, this made tonights dinner along with a green salad. Delicious even though I did go lighter on the cheese amount. Totally satisfying :D. Made for PAC, FAll 2012.
Fantastic! I followed the recipe exactly except for using Monterey jack pepper cheese and light sour cream. I ate this for a main dish for dinner tonight! Rich and filling. Thanks for sharing!
Great taste and combination of flavors. That said for our tastes we would cut down on the monterey jack cheese. Made for PAC Fall 2012