Recipe by Geema
We use ground turkey to make these juicy, slightly spicy burgers, but you can use beef if that's your preference. The chopped garlic really makes these special, so don't be afraid to add lots!
Top Review by riffraff
This is honestly the best turkey burger we have ever had, that is a direct quote from the Mom and I agree. I cut the recipe in half and did not have any green onions so I added more garlic. I was doubting that the little bits of each ingredient would really be relevant to the outcome but I played along because I had everything. (except the dang green onions). Great flavor. I formed my burgers with a hole in the center like a donut, but flat, so they would cook more evenly. They were not dry, lots of flavor. I will try this with beef too soon. THIS IS A KEEPER for you turkey burger eaters!
- 2 lbs ground sirloin or 2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 8 cloves garlic, minced (or more)
- 1 medium bell pepper, chopped
- 1 bunch green onion, white part and half of green stalks,chopped
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon softened cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon plain breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Mix well with your hands and shape into patties.
- If time allows, place burgers in an airtight container and refrigerate overnight to let flavors intensify.
- Bake, broil, grill or fry burgers the way you like them.
- Serve on buns with all the trimmings.