Recipe by NovaLee
This is the stuff the southern angels eat!!
Top Review by Lanie-Wife
I think this recipe deserves about 12 stars! This was my first experiment with fried green tomatoes, and the result was wonderful. My husband and I loved this dish, and it may be our main course next time we make it. I only used two tomatoes, and I left the amounts of the rest of the ingredients the same. I fried the tomatoes for about two minutes on each side, and I'll probably let them go a little longer next time. ("Next time" will be as soon as I can get my hands on more green tomatoes!)
- 3 lbs green tomatoes
- 2 eggs, beaten well
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 5 slices bacon
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- salt and pepper
- green onion, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry bacon in iron skillet till crispy,drain when cool crumble.
- Slice tomatoes 1/4 inch thick.
- dip in egg.
- dredge in cornmeal,salt and pepper.
- Fry in bacon grease till browned on both sides.
- Remove and keep warm.
- With the cream deglaze pan drippings stir till thickened.
- at last minute add green onions.
- Put tomatoes on plate sprinkle with bacon, pour on sauce.