Recipe by Kaykwilts
This recipe was posted on one of the message boards where I occasionally visit. I've used it several times.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, sugar, salt and baking powder.
- Using a pastry blender or fork, cut in 3/4 cup shortening until pieces are the size of small peas.
- In a glass measure, combine one beaten egg, 1 teaspoons vinegar and enough water to make 1/3 cup liquid.
- Add liquid to flour mixture.
- If necessary, add more water, 1 tsp at a time, until dough clings together.
- Divide in half and form each 1/2 into a ball.
- Each ball makes 1 crust.