This recipe was posted on one of the message boards where I occasionally visit. I've used it several times.
My Private Note
pie cru ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium bowl, stir together flour, sugar, salt and baking powder.
- 2Using a pastry blender or fork, cut in 3/4 cup shortening until pieces are the size of small peas.
- 3In a glass measure, combine one beaten egg, 1 teaspoons vinegar and enough water to make 1/3 cup liquid.
- 4Add liquid to flour mixture.
- 5If necessary, add more water, 1 tsp at a time, until dough clings together.
- 6Divide in half and form each 1/2 into a ball.
- 7Each ball makes 1 crust.
Browse Our Top Crusts/Pastry Dough Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Crusts/Pastry Dough Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gourmet Double Pie Crust
Serving Size: 1 (488 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1220.3
- Calories from Fat 724
- Total Fat 80.4 g
- Saturated Fat 20.1 g
- Cholesterol 105.7 mg
- Sodium 419.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 108.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 13.1 g
- Protein 16.0 g