Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 24 fresh mussels
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1⁄4 cup sliced Spanish onion
- 2 fluid ounces white wine
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4 fluid ounces heavy cream
- 4 fluid ounces bottled clam juice
- Debeard and scrub the mussels.
- Heat a large sauté pan, place the oil in the pan, and sauté the garlic and onions until soft.
- Deglaze the pan with the white wine over medium high heat, add the mustard and stir to combine.
- Place the mussels, cream, and clam juice in the pan.
- Cover with a second pan (inverted) to create a steamer.
- Lower the heat slightly and steam for 5 minutes.
- The mussels are done with the shells open and the mussels are firm.
- Heap the mussels in a large bowl and pour the broth over them.
- Serve with crusty bread for dipping.