Recipe by BoxO'Wine
This is not your standard deviled egg recipe. A wonderful appetizer for a cocktail party or a nice touch for an elegant buffet table.
- 3⁄4 cup diced peeled russet potato
- 6 large hard-boiled eggs
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red onion
- 3 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 slice smoked salmon, cut into 1/4 inch strips
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook potatoes in small pot of boiling salted water until tender, about 10 mins.
- Drain Peel and halve cooked eggs lengthwise.
- Place 4 yolk halves in bowl.
- Discard remaining yolks.
- Add potatoes, sour cream, lemon juice, red onion, 2 teaspoons dill, and mustard to yolks.
- Mash with fork until smooth.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Fill egg white halves with seasoned yok mixture.
- Garnish each egg with salmon strip.
- Top with pinch of remaining dill.