Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
they will please anyone, vegan, vegetarian or meat-eater. you will need a muffin tin with shallow cups.
- 1 cup peanut butter or 1 cup hazelnut butter or 1 cup almond butter or 1 cup smooth cashew butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (less if using pre-salted butter)
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) package bittersweet chocolate chips, the ghirardelli 60% cocoa ones are my favorite and are non-dairy (if you like really dark chocolate)
- in a small bowl, mix the nut butter, salt, and powdered sugar until firm. you can microwave it for 30 seconds or so to make the butter easier to stir. melt the chocolate chips in a double boiler over hot, not boiling, water.
- grease the muffin-tin cups (or use cute liners!) and spoon some chocolate into each cup, filling halfway. with a spoon, draw the chocolate up the edges of each cup until all sides are coated. cool in the refrigerator until firm (a minute or so is sufficient).
- spread about a half-teaspoon of nut butter onto the chocolate in each cup, leaving room for the final chocolate layer. pour some chocolate onto the top of each candy and spread it to the edges. you can garnish with a sprinkling of crushed nuts.
- Let sit at room temperature, or covered in the refrigerator. turn out of the pan when firm. yum!