Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Submitted for Zaar World Tour 2006, a real veggie delight:D Very tomato-ey and colorful. If you prefer to make your own dough, we suggest Steve's recipe no. 8497 or littleturtle's recipe no. 112643:D
- 1 pizza dough (Boboli or Pillsbury, etc.)
- 170.09 g can tomato paste
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 354.88 ml mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 473.18 ml spinach leaves (fresh, or 1 cup defrosted frozen)
- 118.29 ml mushroom
- 118.29 ml tomatoes, chopped
- 118.29 ml broccoli floret (small)
- 118.29 ml bell pepper, chopped (preferably yellow or orange)
- 59.14 ml onion, chopped
- 59.14 ml black olives, sliced
- 59.14 ml sun-dried tomato, slivered
- 14.79 ml italian seasoning
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prepare pizza dough according to directions (if using a recipe) and cook for 10 minutes at 400 degrees (if desired, and omit this step entirely if using pre-cooked dough).
- Mix tomato paste with 1/4 cup water and add a bit more, a little at a time, until desired consistency is reached. Add garlic and mix well.
- Spread tomato sauce evenly over dough, leaving a half inch or so for crust.
- Sprinkle toppings over pizza, more or less in order given. (If you prefer to end with the cheese, that's okay too.).
- Sprinkle with seasonings.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
- Slice and eat.
This recipe is so easy and tastes great. We love cracker thin crust and this is it. I stretch the dough really thin and then spread olive oil on top before baking on a sheet of foil for 10 mins. Then I put the toppings on and put it back in the oven without the foil and bake for about 10 more mins and it always turns out great
I used my own pizza dough and sauce recipes and completely forgot to use the spinach that was on the counter along with everything else *DOH*. I managed to get broccoli, cauliflower (micro blanched), green pepper, onion, mushrooms and calamity olive slices onto it along with the Italian herbs. The out come was really scrumptious and far better than anything you could get from any restaurant in this town! I make pizza with extreme rarity but I'll come back to this the next time. Made for Veg-Swap 16.
I love veggie pizza! I did use a prepared sauce and omit the broccoli, but otherwise followed the recipe. I also added grated parmesan before baking. The pizza was very colorful and the options are endless. I rated this a four as I thought the sauce as written needs more flavor. Terrific job by your team!