Recipe by Karen=^..^=
I make these often for bake sales and around the holidays. They are so adaptable for any special event and great for all ages.
Top Review by JanuaryBride
Fabulous! We dipped them in melted caramel, let it set up a bit, then drizzled on milk and dark chocolate, then sprinkled on mini M&M's and salted peanuts. SO good. We also made the following: dark chocolate dipped with coconut and almonds, milk and white chocolate drizzle with crushed peppermint candy, and milk chocolate dipped with crushed oreos and little red/green tree sprinkles.
- 10 ounces pretzel sticks (Pretzel RODS)
- 12 ounces milk chocolate chips (or melting disks)
- 1⁄2 cup white chocolate chips (optional)
- candy sprinkles (optional)
- miniature M&M's chocolate candies (optional)
- mini Reese's pieces (optional)
- chopped peanuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt milk chocolate chips in double boiler or in microwave (be careful not to burn in the micro).
- If you are using the white chocolate, wait until later before melting unless you can keep it over warm water.
- Dip each pretzel rod about 2/3 of the way up in chocolate.
- Lay on wax paper lined baking sheets, lining up the rods but leave a bit of space between them.
- Allow to set a little, but not completely dry (while waiting, make sure your white chocolate is ready).
- Dip a fork into the white chocolate and drizzle over the milk chocolate by gently swishing the fork back and forth over the rods but not touching them.
- Place your sprinkles or candies on a paper plate and roll each pretzel rod in desired topping (or just sprinkle on).
- Lay back on wax paper to set completely.
- These look great displayed in, or given in, a unique glass or mug.