Recipe by Barberal
This sweet chilli jam has been sent by post all over Australia and I cannot keep up with the demand.Try it once and you will be addicted..Great with everything from pork chops to cheese platters
Top Review by hellew
This is a really yummy Chili jam! It is my first attempt at making any preserve and I am impressed with how easy it was and how well it turned out! Only thing that let it down was that I was expecting the recipe to make enough for a few jars (Xmas gifts) and by the time it has reduced down to an appropriate thickness (2 1/2 hours) , I only had enough jam to fill 1 440ML jar... So back I go to the fruit shop to buy another 2kg's of tomatoes and 16 Chili's! I will definitely make this one again though :-)
- 1 kg tomatoes, blanched skinned and chopped
- 500 g sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup white wine vinegar
- 6 -10 red chilies
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce (nam pla)
Directions See How It's Made
- To peel tomatoes, put in large bowl and cover with boiling water for 10 minutes.This helps the skin to peel so much easier. Chop the tomatoes and mix with the sugar. This must stand for several hours or overnight.
- When settled, add all ingredients to big pot and simmer until thick.
- This can vary from 40 minutes to 1.5 hours depending on juice in tomatoes etc.
- Pour into warm sterile jars. This will keep for at least 6 months, although we always eat it before much time has elapsed!