Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Recipe came from a 1960 issue of BH&G I am cleaning out my recipe files and remember that this is easy and very good. I do not use MSG but it is optional if you like. You can lighten up using reduced fat sour cream.
- 1⁄3 cup onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cups fine noodles
- 2 3⁄4 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon peel, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon msg (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups cooked chicken, diced (canned if desired)
- 1⁄4 almonds, slivered and toasted
- 3 tablespoons parsley, snipped
- Cook onions in butter till translucent but not browned.
- Add next 5 ingredients and bring to a boil. Cover and cook over low heat till noodles are tender. (Careful not to overcook the noodles.).
- Stir in sherry, sour cream and chicken and heat.
- Top with nuts and parsley.
I made this using Recipe #101403 for the cooked chicken, no sherry, low-fat sour cream, and used 1/4 cup almonds. This is a quick and tasty recipe that I will make again. Made for Alphabet Soup Game. Thanks for posting TX!