Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This isn't your typical chicken salad. The sweetness of the seedless grapes, the lightness of the whipping cream, the crunch of the nuts and the dried fruit make a perfect complement to this chicken salad. It's just like chicken salad you would expect to find at a fancy restaurant, but it's super easy to make. I like to eat this with crackers as much as I like eating it as a sandwich.
- 2 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken, diced and chilled
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup seedless grapes, cut in half
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup pecan halves or 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a medium bowl, whip cream to soft peaks.
- Combine meat, celery, grapes, dried fruit and nuts (or Salad Pizazz), parsley, salt and mayonnaise with whipped cream. Chill.
- Note: Instead of using the dried fruit and the nuts, I always use Salad Pizazz which is a gourmet salad topping that can be found in grocery stores and comes in a variety of flavors. For this salad I like to use the Cherry Cranberry Pecano, the Orange Cranberry Almondine or the Raspberry Cranberry Walnut Frisco.
lovely salad, left out the nuts, (allergies).
the dressing is nice and light, everyone gave it the thumbs up
Everything about this salad is delicious! Only change I made was to use about 1/3 c. plain non-fat Greek yogurt instead of whipping cream Still out of this world, everyone in my family agreed that it's a keeper, and that doesn't happen very often.
I used chopped walnuts instead of pecans and left out the cranberries, so it was a little creamier than I would have preferred, but this was a great chicken salad! The whipping cream makes it light, and cuts down on the flavor of the mayonnaise flavor. I will definitely be making this again.