Recipe by Crafty Lady 13
This isn't your typical chicken salad. The sweetness of the seedless grapes, the lightness of the whipping cream, the crunch of the nuts and the dried fruit make a perfect complement to this chicken salad. It's just like chicken salad you would expect to find at a fancy restaurant, but it's super easy to make. I like to eat this with crackers as much as I like eating it as a sandwich. Revised 6/13/16 to lower the salt content.
- 2 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken, diced and chilled
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup seedless grapes, cut in half
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup pecan halves, chopped or 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup heavy whipping cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, whip cream to soft peaks.
- Combine meat, celery, grapes, dried fruit and nuts (or Salad Pizazz), parsley, salt and mayonnaise with whipped cream. Chill.
- Note: Instead of using the dried fruit and the nuts, I always use Salad Pizazz which is a gourmet salad topping that can be found in grocery stores and comes in a variety of flavors. For this salad I like to use the Cherry Cranberry Pecano, the Orange Cranberry Almondine or the Raspberry Cranberry Walnut Frisco.