Recipe by Leslie in Texas
We had this over the weekend and the hostess was kind enough to share the recipe.You can make this ahead of time and then bake when you need it. It's originally from the food section of the Houston Chronicle.
- 6 medium potatoes (about 1 1/2 lbs.)
- 1 quart water
- 2 cups shredded muenster cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 1⁄3 cup onion, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- paprika (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pan over high heat, bring the potatoes and water to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium, cover and cook for about 20 minutes, or until potatoes are fork-tender.
- Drain and cool slightly, about 15 minutes.
- When potatoes are cool enough to handle, peel and slice into bite-sized chunks or dice.
- In a small pan, melt the butter and add the onions. Saute until onions are limp but not browned.
- In a bowl combine the cheese, sour cream, butter and onions, and salt and pepper.
- Stir well and add the potatoes.
- Pour into a lightly greased ( I use Pam) 2 quart casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with paprika and bake uncovered in a preheated 350 degree oven for 30 minutes, or until top is golden brown.