Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This dish from Bonnie Stern's Cooking School, will turn you into a culinary hero. It's a great way to make a little smoked salmon go a long way & impress your friends.
- 1 10 inch focaccia bread or 1 flat bread or 1 cooked pizza dough
- 8 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup yogurt or 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons chives
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 ounces thinly sliced smoked salmon
- fresh ground black pepper or coarsely chopped fresh chives or green onions or dill
- If focaccia is thicker than 1", cut it in half horizontally.
- Freeze second half for another use.
- Warm focaccia in 350F oven for about 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl whisk eggs with yogurt, salt, pepper and herbs until just mixed together.
- Melt butter in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Add eggs.
- Stir gently as they cook so that curds form but mixture is still moist.
- Spoon eggs on top of warm focaccia.
- Loosely drape slices of smoked salmon over eggs.
- Sprinkle with pepper and chives.
- Serve in wedges.