This dish from Bonnie Stern's Cooking School, will turn you into a culinary hero. It's a great way to make a little smoked salmon go a long way & impress your friends.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 10 inch focaccia bread or 1 flat bread or 1 cooked pizza dough
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 cup yogurt or 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons chives
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 ounces thinly sliced smoked salmon
- fresh ground black pepper or coarsely chopped fresh chives or green onions or dill
- 1If focaccia is thicker than 1", cut it in half horizontally.
- 2Freeze second half for another use.
- 3Warm focaccia in 350F oven for about 10 minutes.
- 4In a large bowl whisk eggs with yogurt, salt, pepper and herbs until just mixed together.
- 5Melt butter in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- 6Add eggs.
- 7Stir gently as they cook so that curds form but mixture is still moist.
- 8Spoon eggs on top of warm focaccia.
- 9Loosely drape slices of smoked salmon over eggs.
- 10Sprinkle with pepper and chives.
- 11Serve in wedges.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gourmet Breakfast Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (131 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 174.3
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 300.4 mg
- Sodium 361.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 14.3 g