1/1 Photo of Gourmet Breakfast
The idea of this came from Jamie Oliver, but I changed some of the ingredients. Not something to have every day as it's probably loaded with cholesterol due to the bacon and cheese! It's a bit of prep work but it's worth it. Recipe can easily be increased depending on number being served.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the grill/broiler.
- 2Heat a frying pan (I use cast iron) over medium heat.
- 3Bring a small pan of water to the boil and then lower to a simmer, keeping covered.
- 4While the pan is heating and the water is coming to the boil, toast the bread (in toaster) and place on a foil-lined pan and drizzle with a bit of the olive oil.
- 5Add the bacon to the pan and cook until crisp. Remove bacon and drain on paper towels.
- 6Add the slices of tomato to the pan and fry on each side 2-3 minutes until you get that nice roasted look with the bits from the pan on them.
- 7Poach the egg for about 2 minutes in the simmering water.
- 8Remove the egg with a slotted spoon and place on the toasted bread.
- 9Then place the bacon slices, cheese and tomatoes on top.
- 10Place under the grill until the cheese starts to soften, about 2 minutes.
- 11Remove and transfer to a plate with a large spatula.
- 12Sprinkle with salt and pepper and torn basil leaves.
- 13Drizzle with more olive oil.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gourmet Breakfast
Serving Size: 1 (177 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 351.7
- Calories from Fat 236
- Total Fat 26.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 242.3 mg
- Sodium 568.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 14.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: