This hot chocolate recipe is a sumptuous Belgian luxury that any chocolate lover will love. The true gourmet will serve this hot chocolate with a dollop of whipped cream and might just go straight to heaven.
- Start off by mixing together the milk and the vanilla bean in a saucepan.
- Heat the milk on medium flame.
- Do so till you see the appearance of bubbles around the edge of the saucepan.
- Reduce flame.
- Add the chocolate pieces.
- Whisk occasionally, until melted.
- Remove from flame.
- Remove the vanilla bean.
- You may rinse, dry and save the vanilla bean to use later on in another recipe.
- If the milk is too thick, add some more milk to thin it.
- Just before serving, whisk the milk vigorously to create alot of foam.
- Serve with a smile!
This was good, however I expected it to taste more choclately and be thicker. The vanilla bean was a good addition, and this is still much better than the hot chocolate you normally get in Australia. It was a nice treat on a cold day.