1/4 Photos of Gourmet Bangers & Mash
Bangers & Mash is a traditional English dish that's simple, cheap and filling. No need to be excluded from enjoying this treat if you're vegetarian -- just try some of the many meat-free sausages available. In England, Quorn sausages are a favourite of mine but the Linda McCartney brand sausages are also good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grill or fry the sausages.
- 2The healthiest way is to grill them in the oven at 350 F or 180 C for 20-30 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, boil the potatoes until tender.
- 4Drain potatoes and mash with milk, butter, salt and nutmeg until smooth.
- 5For the gravy, heat oil in a frying pan and sauté onions until nicely browned.
- 6Stir in the flour and then the mustard, followed by the wine. A few seconds later add the stock and allow to thicken.
- 7Pile the mash onto a plate, followed by the sausages and lovely spoonfuls of the gravy.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gourmet Bangers & Mash
Serving Size: 1 (825 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1743.5
- Calories from Fat 909
- Total Fat 101.1 g
- Saturated Fat 36.2 g
- Cholesterol 255.2 mg
- Sodium 2404.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 145.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 18.2 g
- Sugars 10.4 g
- Protein 64.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: