1/1 Photo of Gourmet Alley Steak Sandwich
At the Gilroy Festival in California, Gourmet Alley chef Lou Trinchero oversees a team of cooks that produces as many as 21,200 of these mouth watering sandwiches during the three day festival! Barbecued beef topped with sauteed sweet peppers and garlic brings people back year after year. Adapted from Country Living magazine(July 1987)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1On an outdoor grill, or in the broiler, grill steak to desired degree of doneness. Set aside, keep warm.
- 2In a large skillet, heat oil and butter over low heat; saute the garlic until tender.
- 3Split rolls: brush lightly with some of the garlic butter. Toast on the grill or under broiler until golden.
- 4Quarter, seed, and thickly slice peppers. Coarsely chop onion. In the garlic butter remaining in skillet, saute the peppers and onion until just tender. Add 1/2 teaspoons salt and the pepper.
- 5Thinly slice the steak. Sprinkle with the remaining salt. Arrange on bottoms of rolls. Top with pepper mixture and tops of rolls.
- 6Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gourmet Alley Steak Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (305 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 440.5
- Calories from Fat 277
- Total Fat 30.8 g
- Saturated Fat 11.9 g
- Cholesterol 121.5 mg
- Sodium 566.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 30.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: