Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 hrs
Noodle beef stew in the slow cooker...easy comfort food!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs extra lean boneless beef cubes
- 15 ounces celery, chopped
- 15 ounces carrots, chopped
- 2 medium onions, diced (7 oz)
- 2 1⁄2 cups reduced-sodium fat-free beef broth (add more or less, depending on how "brothy" you like it.)
- 16 ounces frozen baby peas
- 6 ounces No Yolks egg noodle substitute, dumpling size
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) canspetite diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Combine all ingredients EXCEPT noodles in slow cooker.
- Cook on LOW for 6-7 hours, stirring occasionally if you can, until beef is cooked through and vegetables are tender.
- Add noodles and cook on LOW for 1 hour, or until soft.
Delicious! Wonderful comfort food. Simple to put together. The only change I made was to flour the meat (approx 2 Tablespoons of flour in a baggie with the pepper and garlic powder then shake to coat the meat.) This made the broth more of a gravy which my DH really likes. Also used recipe #260133. Nothing better than homemade! Thank you for posting! I will be making this stew again! Made for My 3 Chefs 2008.