1/4 Photos of Goulash Soup- German
Mama's Kitchen (Hope)'s Note:
This really yummy soup was the winner of the Oktober Fest Home Cooking Recipe Contest for the 10/03 Texas CoOp Power Magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lean stew meat, boneless
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon sweet Hungarian paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon marjoram
- 5 cups water
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 (10 ounce) can beef broth
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 2 small potatoes, cubed
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1Cut beef into 1/2" cubes.
- 2In 4 qt pan sprayed with cooking spray combine beef, onions, garlic, paprika, marjoram and 1/2 c water.
- 3Cover and simmer over medium low heat for 30 minutes.
- 4Uncover and increase heat to medium, cook, stirring often til liquid has evaporated and onions are browned. 20-25 minutes.
- 5Stir in flour until smoothly blended.
- 6Add 1 cup more of the water, beef broth, and tomato paste, stirring to loosen browned bits from bottom of pan.
- 7Gradually add in remaining 3 1/2 c water and bring to a boil.
- 8Add potatoes and peppers.
- 9Cover and reduce heat cooking til meat is tender - about 2 hours. Skim and discard surface fat.
- 10Stir in parsley and season to taaste with salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Goulash Soup- German
Serving Size: 1 (339 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 265.8
- Calories from Fat 121
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 49.9 mg
- Sodium 297.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 17.3 g