Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Based on Taste.com.au recipes.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 400 g beef chuck steaks, trimmed, cubed
- 1 1⁄2 medium brown onions, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, peeled, chopped
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sweet paprika
- 4 cups beef stock
- 800 g diced tomatoes
- 650 g sebago potatoes, peeled, cubed
- sour cream, to serve
- fresh chives, to serve
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook steak, stirring, in 2 batches, for 2 to 3 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add onion, capsicum and carrot to pan. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add garlic and paprika. Cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add stock and tomato. Stir to combine. Add steak. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, for 1 hour or until steak is tender.
- Add potato. Cook, partially covered, for 30 minutes or until slightly thickened and potato tender.
- Season with pepper. Ladle into bowls. Dollop with sour cream. Sprinkle with chives. Serve.