Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is almost as good as the Goulash soups we devoured when we lived in Germany. Not very diet friendly but warms the soul on wintery Canadian nights LOL I am not sure of exact servings but it always fed a family of 4 with some leftovers.
- 1 lb bacon, cut up
- 1 lb stew meat, cut into small pieces
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 -3 garlic clove
- 1 (5 1/2 ounce) can tomato paste
- 4 -6 small potatoes, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 1 dash curry powder
- 1 beef bouillon cube, dissolved
- Fry bacon, onion and garlic.
- Add beef and brown.
- Add enough water to cover and simmer covered for 30-45 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer another 30-45 minutes.
I enjoyed this very much. Made for lunch today. Made for 123 Hits.
Great mid week meal for our wintry weather ! I used diced lamb and cut down on the bacon and this was very tasty, even better on day 2 .Was so easy too which is a big plus !!
Made for Holiday tag and also featured in bellywarmers soup and stews event. Rich flavourful thick soup,almost stew but thats how I like it. :) I only used 1/2 a lb of bacon to cut the fat content but still get the rich taste and used almost 2 lbs. of stewing beef.