1/5 Photos of Goulash Recipe from My Mother
This is a recipe that I learned to make from my Mother, who learned to make from her Mother. It is a comfort food to all of us kids and now the grandchildren!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook the macaroni according to package directions.
- 2In a large skillet, over medium heat, brown ground beef with onion, till there is no pink left in the beef and then add garlic for a few minutes to cook, then drain beef mixture.
- 3Return pan to heat and add the can of diced tomatoes, salt and pepper to taste and allow to heat for about 5 minutes.
- 4Add completely drained pasta and allow to blend for several minutes.
- 5Add cheese and stir until blended and melted.
- 6Note: We always had this with sliced bread and butter and either apple sauce with cinnamon or green beans with butter.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Goulash Recipe from My Mother
Serving Size: 1 (222 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 613.5
- Calories from Fat 247
- Total Fat 27.5 g
- Saturated Fat 12.8 g
- Cholesterol 106.7 mg
- Sodium 260.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 37.3 g