Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I love this casserole, it's so easy to make and it tastes soooo good. Give it a try! Kid friendly too!!
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) olives, omit if you don't like them
- 6 -8 ounces macaroni, cooked and drained
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese, sliced 1/4-inch thick (I use the Mild Mexican one, but plain Velvetta is wonderful too!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook hamburger, (drain fat) onion, salt, pepper, garlic, and chili powder until browned and onions are soft.
- Turn off the heat.
- Add the corn, stewed tomatoes with the juice, olives, and cooked macaroni to the hamburger mixture, mix well.
- In a 3 quart casserole, place a layer of the meat mixture and then using 1/2 of the velvetta slices place on top.
- Now place the remaining hamburger mixture on top and then the remaining velvetta.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until bubbly and cheese is browned (best part for me, lol) enjoy!
- Serve with crusty french bread and salad.