1 hr 15 mins
Cooking Mama's Note:
I love this casserole, it's so easy to make and it tastes soooo good. Give it a try! Kid friendly too!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) olives, omit if you don't like them
- 6 -8 ounces macaroni, cooked and drained
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese, sliced 1/4-inch thick (I use the Mild Mexican one, but plain Velvetta is wonderful too!)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Cook hamburger, (drain fat) onion, salt, pepper, garlic, and chili powder until browned and onions are soft.
- 3Turn off the heat.
- 4Add the corn, stewed tomatoes with the juice, olives, and cooked macaroni to the hamburger mixture, mix well.
- 5In a 3 quart casserole, place a layer of the meat mixture and then using 1/2 of the velvetta slices place on top.
- 6Now place the remaining hamburger mixture on top and then the remaining velvetta.
- 7Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until bubbly and cheese is browned (best part for me, lol) enjoy!
- 8Serve with crusty french bread and salad.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Goulash Made With Hamburger
Serving Size: 1 (259 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 378.6
- Calories from Fat 139
- Total Fat 15.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 60.4 mg
- Sodium 1021.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 8.6 g
- Protein 22.0 g