Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I love this casserole, it's so easy to make and it tastes soooo good. Give it a try! Kid friendly too!!
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) olives, omit if you don't like them
- 6 -8 ounces macaroni, cooked and drained
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese, sliced 1/4-inch thick (I use the Mild Mexican one, but plain Velvetta is wonderful too!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook hamburger, (drain fat) onion, salt, pepper, garlic, and chili powder until browned and onions are soft.
- Turn off the heat.
- Add the corn, stewed tomatoes with the juice, olives, and cooked macaroni to the hamburger mixture, mix well.
- In a 3 quart casserole, place a layer of the meat mixture and then using 1/2 of the velvetta slices place on top.
- Now place the remaining hamburger mixture on top and then the remaining velvetta.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until bubbly and cheese is browned (best part for me, lol) enjoy!
- Serve with crusty french bread and salad.
Loved the recipe. Did not add the black olives (didn't have them) and added shredded cheddar and mozzarella cheese (didn't have Velveeta on hand) I will certainly make this again once I buy some Velveeta!! Thanks for a great recipe.
My family of 8 loved this. Will make again. Thanks so much.
My husband and I really like this dish. I made it last week and he requested it again last night. I didn't add the olives, he doesn't care for them, added more corn and some mushrooms. This is a keeper in our house, thanks for the recipe!!!