Recipe by cookingfor1
Here is a lighter version of my much loved goulash recipe.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Made this for just the 2 of us, & as much as I liked the use of ground turkey & the whole-wheat pasta, I had to opt for a mild cheddar (as did the previous reviewer)! I also seasoned it with lemon pepper & just a dash of salt! [Made & reviewed in Healthy Choices ABC recipe tag]
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 cups whole wheat elbow macaroni, cooked
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 (8 ounce) jar light Cheese Whiz
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook macaroni until al dente, drain and reserve.
- Brown ground turkey.
- Add onion and garlic powder, cook until onion is translucent.
- Add tin of tomatoes, with their juices.
- Return cooked macaroni to pot, heat through.
- Add Cheez Whiz, stir until melted.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.