Prep 15 mins
Cook 42 mins
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 lb ground beef beef eye round
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon crushed caraway seed
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup water
- 1 (14 ounce) can sauerkraut, rinsed,drained
- 1 large tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup nonfat sour cream
- salt and pepper, to taste
- minced parsley, as garnish
- Spray large skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat until hot.
- Add ground beef and cook until browned; add onions, bell peppers, and garlic and cook until tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Stir in flour, paprika, and caraway seeds; cook 1 to 2 minutes longer.
- Stir in water, sauerkraut, tomato, and sour cream; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon mixture into 11 x 7 inch baking dish or 2-quart casserole.
- Bake, covered, at 350 degrees until hot through, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley before serving.
How can you turn a Goulash soup in to a casserole ?