Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a Rachael Ray recipe that I found in Everyday with Rachael Ray magazine. It has a lengthy list of ingredients, but it sounds delicious!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground chicken
- 3 scallions, finely chopped
- flat leaf parsley, finely chopped (a generous handful)
- fresh dill, finely chopped (a generous handful)
- 2 teaspoons smoked sweet paprika (2/3 palmful)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 2 jarred roasted red peppers, patted dry
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 4 individual brioche rolls, split (any eggy roll will work)
- unsalted butter, softened, for spreading
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced and lightly salted
- 1⁄4 English cucumber, thinly sliced crosswise and lightly salted
- 8 leaves bibb lettuce
- Place ground chicken in a bowl with the scallions, parsley, dill and paprika; season with salt and pepper. Combine the mixture with a fork and form into four 1-inch-thick patties.
- In a heavy nonstick skillet, heat the EVOO over medium-high heat, making sure it coats the pan. When the oil is hot, add the burgers and cook for 6 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile, preheat the broiler. Place the red peppers, sour cream and shallot in a food processor. Process until smooth, about 20 seconds. Transfer to a small dish.
- Toast the rolls under the broiler and spread lightly with softened butter. Slather the rolls with the red pepper sauce. Set a burger on each bun bottom and top with the radish and cucumber slices, 2 lettuce leaves and the roll top.