Recipe by Michelle Noe
Top Review by trecke05
Having lived in Hungary, this recipe should *NOT* be listed under Hungarian cuisine! This is basically an American recipe. True Hungarian Goulash has many more ingredients (including a Hungarian staple...paprika) and is more soup-like with an amazing broth.
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 large yellow onions or 1 large white onion, minced
- 1⁄2 lb elbow macaroni
- 3 cans campbell's tomato soup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet saute the onions and garlic in a little butter or oil until translucent.
- Add ground beef and brown.
- While the beef is browning boil the water for the elbow macaroni and make that to package directions.
- When the ground beef is done, drain any fat and return to the skillet.
- Add the Campbell's tomato soup and heat through.
- Do not add water!
- When the pasta is done, drain it and then mix the soup/meat mixture together.
- Add black pepper and salt to taste.
- Add a salad and garlic bread and you have a meal fit for a king!