Recipe by cookingfor1
Not a traditional goulash but what I grew up with as a child. To this day, it is still the ultimate comfort dish. I am posting the original version here but I have tried to make it healthier, substituting plain macaroni with whole wheat, light cheez whiz and using ground turkey or chicken instead of beef. Enjoy!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 cups cooked macaroni noodles
- 1 onion
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 (8 ounce) jar Cheez Whiz or 1 (6 ounce) package Velveeta cheese
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes (with juice)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil macaroni until al dente, drain and reserve.
- Brown ground beef, draining off any fat.
- Add onion and garlic powder, cook until onion is translucent.
- Add in tin of tomatoes with their juices.
- Return cooked macaroni to pot, heat through.
- Add Cheez Whiz or Velvetta, stir until melted.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.