Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
A really yummy dish with a wonderful spicey sauce. This is a good slow cooker meal, I follow the same method up to point 4 then prep the peppers & potato to add for the for the last hour.
- 400 g diced chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 400 g tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 1 red pepper, thickly sliced
- 1 green pepper, thickly sliced
- 1 baking potato, peeled and diced
- Preheat the oven to 150c/fan130c/gas 2. Toss the chicken in the flour and set aside.
- Cook the onion in one tbsp of oil over a low heat until soft and golden. Add the garlic and cook for 1min. Put in casserole dish.
- Add 1 tbsp of oil to the pan and cook the chicken in batches until browned. As each batch is done, add it to the dish and put in the oven uncovered.
- Add 200ml of water to the pan with the stock cube and heat, stiring till disolved. Add the tomatoes and paprika and heat till simmering. Pour over the meat and onion. Cover and cook in the oven fro 2.5 hours.
- Add the peppers and potato and cook for another 45 minutes.
I wouldn't necessarily call it goulash, but it was tasty anyhow. A lot of work, but it paid off. Thank you.