Recipe by litldarlin
This was one of my mom's favorite dishes to make. It was very inexpensive and quick to make. There were never any leftovers.
- 1 lb ground chuck, browned
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 stalks celery, diced
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 bay leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon marjoram
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 16 ounces macaroni noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all of the ingredients together except noodles.
- Cook until onion and celery are tender.
- Add this to 1-lb macaroni noodles or a package of egg noodles which has been cooked in a separate pot according to directions.
- The bay leaf, garlic and marjoram may be added while simmering.
- Simmer 5-10 minutes and serve.