Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is an easy and quick dish for those busy nights.
- 1 package pasta
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 cup mushroom, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomatoes and green chilies
- salt and pepper
- Cook pasta according to the package directions.
- Drain and set pasta aside.
- Saute the onions and mushrooms in the olive oil until tender.
- Add the hamburger and brown.
- Add in the tomatoes and tomato Sauce.
- Add back in the pasta and heat through.
I used 8 ozs of elbow macaroni and cooked it to al dente. I might try 1/2 cup chopped celery & 1/4 cup chopped green pepper next time for a bit more flavor. I will without doubt make this again. Thank you.
Wow! It sure brought back some memories. This was very close to my Mom's recipe from what I remember. My 22 month old went back for thirds so I think that is a fair judge of how good it was. Nothing gourmet about it but one of those good staples to throw together when you just don't know what else to make for dinner. Very easy and Yummy. I used canned mushrooms and it worked out fine.
I needed something that I could have ready by the time the family got home with the ingredients I had on-hand. The reviews said this recipe is very forgiving, so I gave it a try. It was a huge hit! My daughter even ate the onions without complaint. It doesn't say how how much pasta to use, so used up what elbow macaroni I had which was about 8 oz. I didn't have any tomato sauce, so I used about 3 oz of tomato paste and a bit of water. Stewed tomatoes instead of tomatoes w/green chilies. I did sub a couple of things, but I think the general idea is the same - and it is very good!