Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This may not be what some people would consider as "Goulash" but it is the name my mom gave this when I was a child. Delicious and brings back wonderful memories. Hope you enjoy it too.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small green pepper
- 1 large onion
- 1 tablespoon margarine or 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups cooked macaroni
- 1 quart tomatoes
- 1 (32 ounce) can tomato sauce
- Saute green pepper and onions in margarine or oil.
- Add ground beef, salt and black pepper.
- Cook until browned.
- Add this to tomatoes, tomato sauce and macaroni.
- Simmer on low heat about 15 minutes.
- Stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Some water can be added if needed.
This is great...add corn and its just like my mom used to make, and come on people who cares what "true" goulash is...my mom called it the same thing and i wouldnt have found the recipe without calling it that...memories of mom and good food!
This is the same recipe, that my mother used. I knew that her goulash was simple and that I used to just love it. When I found this recipe, I went out and bought all the ingedients and made it today. This is the simplest and most tasty goulash in the world. I did't vary the ingedients at all. Anyone who makes this, will love it and share it with friends. Thank-you for posting it. You brought back fond memories.
This IS the stuff I grew up with...I don't care if you call it Goulash or Mongolian Maccaroni...But if you didn't call it Goulash, I wouldn't have found the recipe... I cooked up a 12 oz. box of elbow maccaroni...I used 3 15 oz. cans of tomatoes and 1 15 oz. can of tomato sauce and about 4 cloves of crushed garlic... A bunch of garlic bread and it was comfort food for me...Thanks for the recipe...