Recipe by carolinafan
This may not be what some people would consider as "Goulash" but it is the name my mom gave this when I was a child. Delicious and brings back wonderful memories. Hope you enjoy it too.
Top Review by aj.pauls
This is great...add corn and its just like my mom used to make, and come on people who cares what "true" goulash is...my mom called it the same thing and i wouldnt have found the recipe without calling it that...memories of mom and good food!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small green pepper
- 1 large onion
- 1 tablespoon margarine or 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups cooked macaroni
- 1 quart tomatoes
- 1 (32 ounce) can tomato sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute green pepper and onions in margarine or oil.
- Add ground beef, salt and black pepper.
- Cook until browned.
- Add this to tomatoes, tomato sauce and macaroni.
- Simmer on low heat about 15 minutes.
- Stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Some water can be added if needed.