Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 mins
This can be served as an entree or as finger food before dinner begins. Best to serve hot. Kids really will love this. Prepare more, it is always not enough.
- 400 -500 g fillets of sole, boneless (choose to buy the tail end where there are less bones)
- 120 g plain flour
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 loaves day old white bread
- 1 cup corn oil
- For the fish------------.
- Cut fillet into 4-inch strips about 1/2 inch thick.
- When cutting, cut down not across or else the fish tends to break.
- Season the flour with salt and pepper.
- Pass the fish through the flour.
- For the breadcrumbs-----------------.
- Decrust the old loaves and cut into chunks.
- Throw into the blender to get a nice, dry, fine breadcrumbs.
- Should make about 5 cups.
- Place in a bowl.
- Pour in corn oil and heat until oil is still.
- Dip the fish strips into the beaten egg and roll in breadcrumbs.
- Deep fry at moderate heat till golden brown, about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Drain well and place on absorbent paper towels.
- Place fish strips on dish paper.
- Serve with lemon wedges and 3 sauces: mayonnaise, thousand island dressing and tartar sauce.
Fantastic! This fish came out perfectly breaded, and tasted great. Nice and easy, thanks so much!