Recipe by Love to Eat!!
Ok, so honestly these were pieced together from parts of several recipes...honorable mention goes to Kittencal (onion soup mix) and Rachael Ray (Gouda). I have always eaten my burgers medium rare.....but these are cooked med- well due to my suspicion of grocery store ground beef. Surprisingly they were very juicy!
- 1 1⁄3 lbs ground chuck (20/80 mix)
- 0.5 (1 1/2 ounce) package dry onion soup mix, shake well distribute evenly
- 2 -3 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 -3 teaspoons steak sauce, I use A-1 Bold
- 1 -2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, diced small
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup crouton, then crushed into crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup smoked gouda cheese, grated
- salt, go light the onion soup has some in it
- pepper, to taste
- 4 -6 slices bacon, fried crispy
- 3 -4 kaiser rolls, bakery fresh
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl using a fork (except bacon and rolls).
- Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Form patties with a large indent in the middle of each one.
- Light your charcoal or gas grill.
- Allow meat to sit at room temperature for 20-30 minutes prior to grilling.
- Grill direct heat 4 minutes each side then 4 minutes indirect each side to finish.
- Let rest a few minutes while toasting buns and preparing condiments.
- Top with crispy bacon and serve on toasted buns with your favorite condiments.