Recipe by Abby Girl
Years ago, our local paper published a book called "Five Star". This recipe is definately that!!
Top Review by *Parsley*
Sooo delicious! I loved all these ingredients together. It's a bit high in fat for a salad, so I reduced the oil to 1/8 cup and increased the lemon juice. I also halved the amount of bacon. I love Gouda cheese and I think it was perfect for this salad. Thanx for sharing!
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and drained
- 1 cup gouda cheese, grated
- 4 cups spinach, washed and torn
- 8 mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- good pinch pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the bacon and drain. Crumble and toss with the cheese in a small bowl.
- Combine vegetable oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, mustard and pepper in a small jar.
- Place spinach in a large bowl and toss with mushrooms, green onion and bacon cheese mixture. Toss with salad dressing.