Adapted from Completely Cheese.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash cayenne
- 4 cups hot milk
- 1 cup potato, diced
- 3/4 cup carrot, diced
- 2/3 cup green beans, broken into 1-inch pieces
- 1 1/4 cups gouda cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1Melt butter in a heavy-bottomed saucepan.
- 2Add the onion and celery and cook until they are softened but not browned, 4-5 minutes.
- 3Sprinkle in flour and stir well.
- 4Add Worcestershire sauce and cayenne.
- 5Stir in 1/2 cup hot milk and blend well.
- 7Add remaining milk 1 cup at a time, stirring well.
- 8Add potatoes, carrots and beans.
- 9Reduce heat to medium-low and cook until vegetables are cooked and soup has thickened, 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 10Reduce heat to low and stir in cheese, stirring well until cheese is melted.
- 11Season with salt and pepper.
- 12Stir in parsley just before serving.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gouda Soup
Serving Size: 1 (257 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 344.2
- Calories from Fat 186
- Total Fat 20.7 g
- Saturated Fat 12.9 g
- Cholesterol 64.6 mg
- Sodium 269.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 10.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: