Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. This is a quick easy casserole to make when you come home from work tired and the kids love it!! Serve with a tossed salad and some crusty bread and you have a great meal!
- 24 ounces Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes
- 1 lb 80% lean ground chuck
- 12 ounces mixed vegetables
- 23 3⁄4 ounces prego chunky garden spaghetti sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated gouda cheese
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Brown Ground chuck in a skilliet.
- Heat mixed vegetables in the microwave with 1/2 cup of water.
- Once the beef is brown, put the vegetables in the beef and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Drain the beef/vegetable mixture.
- Put back in the skillet and add spaghetti sauce and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile,add 1 cup of the gouda cheese to the potatoes and microwave for 1 1/2 minutes.
- Pour the beef mixture into a 9x9 casserole dish.
- Put the potato mixture on top and top with remaining gouda cheese.
- Brown in the oven until the cheese is slightly golden.
Very greasy, next time i will use 90% ground meat. Do not like jar sauce. When i make sauce i usuall make a big pot & freeze the rest.