- 2 lbs potatoes, such as russet peeled and shredded (about 3 large potatoes)
- 1 small onion, grated
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups shredded smoked gouda cheese (about an 8-ounce piece)
- olive oil or vegetable oil, for frying
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
- Add a thin layer of olive oil or vegetable oil to a frying pan, just enough to coat the bottom.
- Combine potatoes with onions and flour.
- Mix in shredded cheese.
- Spoon piles of potato and cheese mixture into the pan, making 3-inch rounds, about 1-inch apart.
- Cook cakes until golden and crispy, about 4 minutes on each side.
- Remove cooked cakes and repeat process.
- You may serve with sour cream, or ketchup.