Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are delicious with the addition of Gouda cheese! From 30 Minute Meals.
- 2 lbs potatoes, such as russet peeled and shredded (about 3 large potatoes)
- 1 small onion, grated
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups shredded smoked gouda cheese (about an 8-ounce piece)
- olive oil or vegetable oil, for frying
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
- Add a thin layer of olive oil or vegetable oil to a frying pan, just enough to coat the bottom.
- Combine potatoes with onions and flour.
- Mix in shredded cheese.
- Spoon piles of potato and cheese mixture into the pan, making 3-inch rounds, about 1-inch apart.
- Cook cakes until golden and crispy, about 4 minutes on each side.
- Remove cooked cakes and repeat process.
- You may serve with sour cream, or ketchup.
Major scrummy but bit crumbly.
These were very good, although very rich. I only used a small amount of oil on the first batch and I think I probably didn't need that. I will be making them again for a special treat! Thanks for sharing.
Absolutely delicious, Sharon! I’m only writing a quickie review for now as my internet connection is currently so dodgy that sometimes I’m only connected for a few minutes in twelve hour period. VERY frustrating. I’ll come back later and review this again when these problems have been resolved!