1/5 Photos of Gouda Penne With Spinach
A different twist on macaroni & cheese. This is reminiscent of spinach dip with pasta added. This recipe can be made Gluten Free by using a Gluten Free pasta.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces penne (I used Gluten Free Pasta, slightly undercooked)
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed and well drained
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 shallots, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 7 ounces gouda cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and keep warm.
- 3Melt butter in a large saucepan, over low heat being careful not to burn the butter.
- 4Saute sun dried tomatoes and shallots in melted butter until shallots begin to soften, about 3 minutes.
- 5Stir in corn starch and salt.
- 6Cook and stir for 1 minute.
- 7Gradually add milk, blending well.
- 8Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until sauce is slightly thick, about 3-4 minutes.
- 9Add shredded Gouda cheese, stirring until cheese is melted.
- 10Combine pasta, spinach and cheese sauce.
- 11Pour into a greased 1 ½ quart casserole.
- 12Top with grated parmesan cheese.
- 13Bake 20-25 minutes or until top is golden brown and sauce is bubbly.
Browse Our Top Penne Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Penne Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gouda Penne With Spinach
Serving Size: 1 (224 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 389.7
- Calories from Fat 163
- Total Fat 18.2 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 63.0 mg
- Sodium 666.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 17.6 g