Recipe by CIndytc
I made this for New Years Day Dinner...Great recipe, got it out of my Cuisine At Home magazine...
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
Very good (even if I forgot the bacon)! Made with 1% milk and low fat sour cream. I loved all the cheese layered in and on top! Served with recipe#253156 253156 and it was a great pairing! Made for PAC Fall 2011.
- 1587.57 g russet potatoes, peeled & cubed
- 236.59 ml whole milk
- 118.29 ml sour cream
- 88.74 ml unsalted butter
- 6 slice bacon, thick sliced, diced
- 473.18 ml gouda cheese, shredded, diveded
- 59.14 ml chopped fresh chives
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Boil potatoes in salted water in large pot over high heat until tender, 12 minutes.
- Drain, return potatoes to the pot, and dry over medium heat for 1 minute.
- Turn off heat, add milk, sour cream, and butter; mash until smooth, cover, and set aside.
- Saute bacon in a skillet over medium-high heat until crisp.
- Drain on a paper-towel lined plate, then stir into mashed potatoes; season with salt.
- Assemble casserole, spreading half the potatoes in a 2 quart casserole dish.
- Top with 1 cup of gouda, spread with remaining potatoes, then top with remaining cheese.
- Bake until golden, 30 minutes.
- Garnish with chives.