Recipe by pattikay in L.A.
Posted for Zaar World Tour 3, Scandinavia. Found on Foodnetwork.com
Top Review by Lavender Lynn
This was very good. My family loves fondue and gouda cheese. this was very easy to make. I followed the recipe exactly except I didn't add the cayenne pepper.Made for Photo Tag 2007
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 12 ounces gouda cheese (rind trimmed)
- 4 ounces aged gouda cheese (rind trimmed)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 pinch freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine wine and lemon juice in a small pot over medium heat.
- Toss together both cheeses and cornstarch in a large bowl.
- When the wine comes to a boil, slowly add the cheese and cornstarch mixture, whisking continuously until smooth.
- Season with nutmeg and cayenne.
- Transfer to a small slow cooker set to low and serve with the selection of dippers. Fondue should hold on low setting for up to 1 hour.
- Possible dippers - broccoli, cauliflower, apples, pears, boiled small potatoes, cubed bread.