Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
From Canadian Living Magazine. Cook time includes chill time.
Make and share this Gouda Coins recipe from Food.com.
- In food processor, whirl together cheese, butter, onion, mustard, salt, cayenne and nutmeg until smooth and fluffy.
- Add flour; pulse until incorporated.
- Turn out onto unfloured work surface; knead into ball.
- Divide in half; roll each into 11 inch long log.
- Spread black pepper over work surface; roll 1 log in pepper to coat. Repeat with caraway or cumin seeds nd remaining log.
- Wrap separately; refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
- If logs are hard, let stand at room temperature for 10 to 15 minutes to soften slightly. Cut into 1/4 inch thick slices.
- Place, 1/2 inch apart, on parchment lined baking sheets.
- Bake, 1 sheet at a time, in 375F oven until golden brown, about 15 minutes. Let cool on sheet on rack.