Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I made this for RSC and just now am posting.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground chuck
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄4 cup shallot
- 1⁄2 cup spinach, chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1⁄2 lb smoked gouda cheese
- 6 rolls
- Mix first 6 ingredients together and form 6 patties.
- Make an indent in each patty or a hole with a chop stick or your finger through each patty. This will stop the patty from swelling in the center. The hole will close.
- Grill 3 minutes each side for rare, 4 minutes each side for medium, 5 minutes each side for well done. One minute before removing, distribute cheese on each burger.
- Place on roll and garnish as you wish.
These burgers have a very good taste. I omitted the shallot, it would be great I'm sure. But DH doesn't really like when I add shallots and onions. I used almost 1/3 cup of spinach. We used 2 slices of smoked gouda cheese on each burger. Yummy. Thanks Rita. Made for Please Review My Recipe.