Recipe by Cookin-jo
Chopped dried fruit and shredded gouda cheese rolled in puff pastry, sliced and baked. Can be assembled in advance and frozen prior to baking. Sweet and savoury and very elegant.
- 8 -10 dried apricots, cut in quarters
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup cranberry juice
- 3⁄4 cup gouda cheese, grated
- 1 (400 g) package frozen puff pastry, defrosted (about 1 lb)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a food processor pulse apricots 2 or 3 times, then add raisins and cranberries and chop. Do not over-process.
- Stir in spices and cranberry juice and set aside.
- Roll out pastry to 1/4 inch thickness, leaving straight edges.
- Spread the fruit mixture over the pastry, sprinkle cheese over, then roll up into a cylinder.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate one hour or freeze for later use.
- Thaw, if frozen, and cut into half inch slices. Place on a greased baking sheet or use parchment paper and bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until golden.