Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Chopped dried fruit and shredded gouda cheese rolled in puff pastry, sliced and baked. Can be assembled in advance and frozen prior to baking. Sweet and savoury and very elegant.
- 8 -10 dried apricots, cut in quarters
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup cranberry juice
- 3⁄4 cup gouda cheese, grated
- 1 (400 g) package frozen puff pastry, defrosted (about 1 lb)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a food processor pulse apricots 2 or 3 times, then add raisins and cranberries and chop. Do not over-process.
- Stir in spices and cranberry juice and set aside.
- Roll out pastry to 1/4 inch thickness, leaving straight edges.
- Spread the fruit mixture over the pastry, sprinkle cheese over, then roll up into a cylinder.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate one hour or freeze for later use.
- Thaw, if frozen, and cut into half inch slices. Place on a greased baking sheet or use parchment paper and bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until golden.