Recipe by *Parsley*
Gouda cheese and ricotta cheese together....yum! Don't shy away if you don't like ricotta...you really wouldn't know it's in there. For some extra flavor use smoked Gouda!
Top Review by Kim127
I really could eat this every day!! Fantastic mashed potatoes and I just looooove the gouda!!! I was going to use fresh dill for this, and I did, but I could only get 1/2 teaspoon as some stupid deer had found my herb garden and apparently deer like dill (as well as cilantro and parsely). Anyway I will definitely make this one again! Made for ZWT 7 - Count Dracula and his Hot Bites!
- 5 lbs russet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 small white onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 4 ounces gouda cheese, shredded (can use smoked Gouda for a extra kick)
- 8 ounces part-skim ricotta cheese
- 3⁄4-1 teaspoon dried dill weed, double if using fresh
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Lightly grease/spray a 13" x 9" baking dish; set aside.
- In a large pot, boil potato chunks and chopped onion in salted water until tender. Drain and return to empty pot.
- Add butter and milk and mash.
- Add Gouda, ricotta, dill weed, salt, pepper and garlic powder and continue to mash to desired consistency.
- Pour mashed mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Evenly drizzle the melted butter over top.
- Evenly sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake at 350°F, uncovered for 25-30 minutes or until just starting to lightly brown.