1/9 Photos of Gouda and Dill Mashed Potato Casserole
Gouda cheese and ricotta cheese together....yum! Don't shy away if you don't like ricotta...you really wouldn't know it's in there. For some extra flavor use smoked Gouda!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 lbs russet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 small white onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup milk
- 4 ounces gouda cheese, shredded (can use smoked Gouda for a extra kick)
- 8 ounces part-skim ricotta cheese
- 3/4-1 teaspoon dried dill weed, double if using fresh
- 1/2-1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F Lightly grease/spray a 13" x 9" baking dish; set aside.
- 2In a large pot, boil potato chunks and chopped onion in salted water until tender. Drain and return to empty pot.
- 3Add butter and milk and mash.
- 4Add Gouda, ricotta, dill weed, salt, pepper and garlic powder and continue to mash to desired consistency.
- 5Pour mashed mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- 6Evenly drizzle the melted butter over top.
- 7Evenly sprinkle with paprika.
- 8Bake at 350°F, uncovered for 25-30 minutes or until just starting to lightly brown.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gouda and Dill Mashed Potato Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (294 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 304.2
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 35.1 mg
- Sodium 303.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 10.9 g